Spouse out of country

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: Spouse out of country

My wife is in India right now. I had her passport brought in here with a friend, incase I get a PPR. does her passport need to have I-94 inorder to get PR visa stamped in buffalo?

Hi (in reply to: Spouse out of country)
I do not think that you can apply for immigration from Buffalo if your wife is not there with you. Those who apply for immigration must supply their application from the country where they reside.
(in reply to: Spouse out of country)
That should not be a problem if you are sending the passports by mail to Buffalo.

If you are going to Buffalo in person then you should take an authorization letter from your wife.

authorization letter (in reply to: Spouse out of country)
Kenny: I had read that people could get the whole family´s passports stamped without any additional authorization (after all, how different is it to have a spouse bring it as compared to the post office). What have you heard about the requirement of a letter of authorization? Thanks.
Thanks (in reply to: Spouse out of country)
Thanks all for replying..

Reply to the Spouse out of country posting
Submission Code (SX3736) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design - Abacus.ca