Obtaining PR card

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: Obtaining PR card
  Hi all,

I am currently in US working on H1 Visa. I have got my canadian immigrant visa stamped in my passport. It is valid till this year end.

I am not ready to move to Canada immediately, probably after a year or two. But i know that I have to land in canada for getting my PR card. How long do I need to stay in canada to get the PR card and return back to US ? Can i just land in Canada and give a US address for them to send the PR card to the US address ? Is that possible ?

Any help on this issue will be appretiated.



Great Idea (in reply to: Obtaining PR card)
When you land you should give an address for them to send PR Card. They will send within 4 weeks. Sometimes they might say to come personally. You will be provided single entry visa for Immigration. If you leave before you get PR Card then what ? Pls check before you take any step.

Idea is great but if the immigration office asks you to come and collect it personally Then what ?

Cdn address required for PR card (in reply to: Obtaining PR card)
You need to provide a cdn address for PR card to be delievered
Reply to the Obtaining PR card posting
Submission Code (SX32880) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canadian Immigration Forum at Canada City Web Site Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Design - Abacus.ca