Getting US Visa Extended in Canada

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)            
Subject: Getting US Visa Extended in Canada
  I´m currently in US on an F1 - D/S (visa expired - but I have a Duration of Stay for Program stamped).

I have about a year of Program left which I intend to do before I move to Canada.

Is it advisable to take a U.S. visa in Canada? how difficult is it to get the extention? I know on a D/S I can always go and come back in 30 days and it is OK but I cannot visit my home country for a year!

Has anyone taken a visa from Canada in similar situation?

Please advice. Thanks.

(in reply to: Getting US Visa Extended in Canada)
You are in wrong forum.Check this out

(in reply to: Getting US Visa Extended in Canada)
hi Peter,
if you have a f-1 visa you can go to canada and comme back within 30 days. if you plan to move to canada, you need to give back your i-94 to cic port officer.if the usa authority do´nt receive your i-94 it is going to be difficult to get a visitor visa while in canada. for that you have to make sure you start a good job. so that when you apply for a visa you can have strong evidence that you are going to say in canada. one of my friends after he got his pr card before getting a job he applied for a visa to go back to usa, but the consult denied his application.
in conclusion,you won´nt be able to receive any extension while your are in canada.and if you do´nt return your i-94 your are in violation of immigration rules and policy0
good luck.
i suggest that you go to canada. hunt for job. after you get your evidence you can apply for visa. this way you may a 10 years or 5 years visa which will help to go bak and forth beteeeen usa and canada.

Reply to the Getting US Visa Extended in Canada posting
Submission Code (SX3296) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design -