I want to live in Canada - but HOW?

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: I want to live in Canada - but HOW?
  I´ve lived in Canada since 2003 on a study permit until 2005. Got a visitor Visa until 2006 then extended until Jan 2008.

The second extension was due to the fact that my girlfriend was going to sponsor me under the common-law application process. But unfortunately we broke up in April and I am now woeful of my options.

I went to school for graphic design, and have many connections in film and entertainment. I have a certain company that wants to hire me, since I´m close to the boss, but past attempts to get me a work permit have failed. I don´t have enough experience on paper in my industry to merit a work permit.

I have 20k in funds that my father left me. I´m 25 years old and would like to start my own business in Canada very soon. But only if I can stay.

What can I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(in reply to: I want to live in Canada - but HOW?)
You have stayed in Canada since 2003 and you are still asking HOW :)

Funny "eh"

What about us, my friend, from outside

Good luck

(in reply to: I want to live in Canada - but HOW?)

Nightmare situation, I´m currently looking for ways to stay as well.

I´m not an expert but I think you have a couple of options.

1. you haven´t mentioned anything about a working holiday visa. This is what I´m currently on. Check out the BUNAC web site and apply for a 1 yr working visa to bide some time. You can apply on line when the forms become available in December of this year. It´s a first come first served bases & straightforward. You need to be in the UK to apply but you could always go home for a holiday! The whole process take around 5-6 weeks tops, which would be worth it if you get another year to sort out how to stay. While you´re on the 1 yr working visa you can then apply for PR if you wanted.

2. I was told that if you have a letter from an employer saying that they are offering you a job and the offer is valid until you have been granted your PR then you can submit this (not sure what the process is called but it´s different to a company sponsoring you as you don´t need to actually work for this company once you get your PR) and apply for PR at the same time - this speeds up your PR process to about 9 mths - again you could do this while on your 1 yr visa or try and get it done now.

Hope this is of some help and come next year we are both still here!

iam looking for a driving job in canada (in reply to: I want to live in Canada - but HOW?)
dear sir. iam from india .now iam working in dubai as a driver.i have truck license also.iam looking for driving job in canada.how can i get job.iam eligble or not.iam waiting for your good advice .tahnk you
(in reply to: I want to live in Canada - but HOW?)
You should try Alberta, they need a lot of truck drivers there, that is what I hear.

Contact some employment agencies there.

Reply to the I want to live in Canada - but HOW? posting
Submission Code (SX31728) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design - Abacus.ca