When is a Lawyer NOT Authorized

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: When is a Lawyer NOT Authorized
  All Lawyers must be a member of a provincial Law Society to represent any applicant "before" a member or officer with CIC, CBSA or any division of the IRB.

Being a Member of a Provincial Law Society is not enough though.


(xiv) RIM 07-040 September 25, 2007 The purpose of the following message is to provide further instructions on how to proceed with applications where [name deleted] is listed as the authorized representative. ?The Visa Office should send a letter simply stating that the Visa Office will have no further contact with him. The Visa Office should also send a letter to the client advising them of the situation and giving them instructions on how to proceed with their application? ?You are listed in the Law Society of Upper Canada´s on-line Member Directory as "Not Practicing Law -
Employed". The Law Society describes this status as "a lawyer who is employed by an organization such as government, an educational institution, a company, a society, trade union, etc" and who does not provide legal services", such a lawyer is not required to be covered by a compulsory liability insurance plan. Given the above information, you are not considered by Citizenship and Immigration Canada to be an authorized representative for immigration purposes.?


Reply to the When is a Lawyer NOT Authorized posting
Submission Code (SX32842) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design - Abacus.ca