Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)            
Subject: PR

I am applying for PR from within Canada, yet my year-long temporary working visa expires in January 2009. When I apply for PR, will I automatically be given an indefinite extension on my current visa until my PR outcome is given, or should I look at getting a new work permit?
Also, does a new work permit mean that I can´t leave Canada then return?

(in reply to: PR)
No, you will not get an indefinite extension on your current visa. You will have to apply for extension or new work permit.

When you apply for renewal of work permit, you receive a document which specifies your status in Canada. If you want to leave Canada and re-enter, you need to apply for temporary resident visa through the nearest consulate. US visits can be done though.

Reply to the PR posting
Submission Code (SX12966) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design -