Work Visa and Study permit

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)            
Subject: Work Visa and Study permit
  Hello everyone,

I have a situation where a few of our employees have Work Visa´s and we have an "inhouse" Training program for an apprenticeship.

My question is this, if people are in our company with work Visas can they apply for a Study permit in order to participate in our Apprenticeship program?

I have looked through most of the actual Visas and they state that "Unless authorized, must not attend any educational institution or take any academic, professional or vocational training course."

Who would we have to contact in order to obtain the proper authorization?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.


Work Visa Guide (in reply to: Work Visa and Study permit)
To obtain work visa or any other question please visit the website below:

To Know More Detial , Please Visit the website below:

(in reply to: Work Visa and Study permit)
No person in Canada needs a study permit for any course of less then six months duration.


(in reply to: Work Visa and Study permit)
Thanks for the replies.

This apprenticeship is comprise of 16-18 courses in total. Each course last less than 3 months.

The actual appreniceship is over a 2 year span.

Does this mean that because each course is less than 6 months they can actually participate?

Or because the apprenticeship is a 2 year program that they will need proper authorization.

Thank you.

Reply to the Work Visa and Study permit posting
Submission Code (SX5008) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design -