Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: ENGAGED TO A CANADIAN...now what?
  So we are in love, we are over 30, and we want to be together... So he proposed, and he wants me back in Canada for good.
Im going back to Mexico in about a month and then come back 1 month later in order to get ready for the wedding....we´ll get married in Canada.
When I come back from Mexico.... will the migration officer at the airport be upset if I say I am engaged and I am getting married?

We are a little paranoid about that.

(in reply to: ENGAGED TO A CANADIAN...now what?)
Don´t tell to the CBSA officer that you are getting married, she/he won´t get upset they may not let you in PERIOD.

Because you are trying to enter the country as a "temporary visitor" and getting married sounds like a long term visit to me. Under those grounds they can refuse your entry.

You are better off getting married in Canada (if that is the plan) and apply for Permanent Resident as a family member from Mexico. It is faster and safer from many different ways.



Reply to the ENGAGED TO A CANADIAN...now what? posting
Submission Code (SX18910) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design - Abacus.ca