Permanent residence?

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)            
Subject: Permanent residence?
  I am in Canada for 2 years with a work permit, skilled worker, which expired in August. I applied for immigration as a skilled worker in February three years ago. I could not extend my work permit within the legal timeframe, but I have now an offer to stay as an artist in resident at a museum. I applied for a three month holiday extension in September, paid my fees and never heard back from them. Applied on line. My questions are:

Can I stay in Canada (to process/apply for a permanent residence visa) even if my work permit says I have to leave in August?

Is there a visa for an artist in residence, and can I apply for it in Canada and wait for the decision? Or, do I have to apply from Germany.

Can I apply for a permanent residency (I fit within the confines of the Canadian Experience Class) while I am in Canada, and do I have to cancel my immigration process that I started in Germany years ago? Or, is it possible to update my initial application with the work experience that Iíve done, and the volunteer/community work I have done?

What is the difference between a permanent residency application and an immigration application?

german artist
Reply to the Permanent residence? posting
Submission Code (SX11374) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design -