Help please

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)            
Subject: Help please

I am an Australian Citizen.I have a girlfriend who lives in Halifax. We have been in a long distance relationship for 3.5 years now. I am going to canada to visit her in february 2010. We are planning to get married so i can apply for a permanent residency in Canada and move in with her. I have just finished my bachelors degree whereas she will be finishing hers in may 2010. I am unsure about how the application process for my PR is going to workout. What would be the best way to apply for PR in my situation? Could you please offer me some advice? I would really appreciate your help.

Thankyou so much

(in reply to: Help please)
Come for a visit, get married and go back to Australia.

Once you are back home, your wife may apply as a sponsor and once she is approved, the case processing centre will forward your Permanent Resident application to your local Canadian Embassy.

You also may apply from within Canada BUT if your application is not approved you have no right to appeal.

More information here:

1- Make an outland application, the process is faster and you have the right to appeal if necessary.

2- Watch what you tell to the CBSA officer at the port of entry when you come for a visit in February. If the agent smells that your intentions are to visit your girlfriend, get married and stay, the agent may refuse your entry to Canada, trust me on that one.

(in reply to: Help please)
technically, you can also file an Outland sponsorship application from within Canada while you are visiting as long as you have a residence back home.

People do it all the time BUT carefully heed DocD´s advice with 1 and 2

Reply to the Help please posting
Submission Code (SX20739) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design -