sponsoring wife and kids

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: sponsoring wife and kids

I am a canadian PR holder, who will be moving to BC by end of this year permanently. Recently I fell in love with a girl, who is a single mom with twin daughters.

Am serious and I wanted to marry her and adopt her kids.

Once I move to Canada, can I sponsor them immediately under family category?

Any feedback is appreciated.

(in reply to: sponsoring wife and kids)
Yes you can but you have to be IN Canada. She can stay overseas until the process is done.
(in reply to: sponsoring wife and kids)
not true. U do not have to be in Canada u can sponsor them from abroad if you want but only if you plan to return and live in Canada at the time they will receive their PR. This is what I am doing as a canadian citizen working oversees.
(in reply to: sponsoring wife and kids)
anonymous, read the post more carefully, and know your rules more clearly.

You as a CITIZEN have the option of an outside sponsorship. A permanent resident does not. A PR must reside in Canada to sponsor.

tax returns (in reply to: sponsoring wife and kids)
Thanks Sharon for clarification. I have one more query:

When I move to Canada permanently this year, should I pay my tax returns for my previous years also. My PR card was issued in April´06.

Will it help in anyway? (or) I will just start working and pay taxes going forward?

Kindly throw some light on this.

(in reply to: sponsoring wife and kids)
you may have a challenge with your residency requirements!
Reply to the sponsoring wife and kids posting
Submission Code (SX11642) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design - Abacus.ca