spouse of international student in Quebec

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: spouse of international student in Quebec
  Hi All,

I had a few questions abt moving to Quebec.

1. is the spouse of an international student eligible to accompany the student to Quebec ?
2. does the spouse have to apply for a CSQ / CAQ. or is that applicable only to students ?
3. does the canadian govt. decide whether to admit people bound to Quebec or does the Govt of Quebec do that ?

Any info on this will be much appreciated. Thanks !

(in reply to: spouse of international student in Quebec)
Yes, spouses of international students´ are eligible to accompany them to Canada. If your spouse is already in Canada, just ask them to send you a copy of their passport, Canadian visa and study permit. Upon receipt of these documents, you can apply for a temporary resident visa as your nearest Canadian embassy. Once you enter Canada, let immigration know your spouse is an International student, and you will be given a visitor´s record. Apply for your work permit and you can begin to work.......gluck.
(in reply to: spouse of international student in Quebec)
Hi Kent,

thanks for your reply. The thing is that I had already applied twice for a TRV and got rejected on grounds that they werent convinced I would return back to home country.

so now, my real question is does any of this process / criteria for selection change if the intended destination is now Quebec (earlier it was Toronto)

Reply to the spouse of international student in Quebec posting
Submission Code (SX4335) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design - Abacus.ca