Question for Roy (sponsorship before PRRA)

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)


 
visaplace.com            
Subject: Question for Roy (sponsorship before PRRA)
  We sent our application on april 2009. Our file was transfered to Scarborough office on Oct 2009. We are still waiting....

In the meantime, 2 agents of CBSA arrested my common-law spouse and took her to 6900 airport road. She had a warrant ´cause she didn´t show up for her refugee hearing sometime in 2008. She spent about 10 days there until i bailed her out.

Now, she had been given the chance to apply for something called "PRRA", but she is still on a removal order.

She submitted the application on the 15 days time frame and 15 days later some written submissions. she is still waiting for some evidence. she expects to get it within a day or tw and then submitt it.

So my question is: Will she be allow to stay in Canada until the a decision is made on the Sponsorship applition?

Is there anything i can do so she can stay living with me (in Canada) until the sponsorship is finalized?

Would you be able to help us? If so let us know, to make an appoinment with you.


[06-12-2010,21:24]
[**.158.98.218]
ADAN
(in reply to: Question for Roy (sponsorship before PRRA))
We sent our application on april 2009. Our file was transfered to Scarborough office on Oct 2009. We are still waiting....

In the meantime, 2 agents of CBSA arrested my common-law spouse and took her to 6900 airport road. She had a warrant ´cause she didn´t show up for her refugee hearing sometime in 2008. She spent about 10 days there until i bailed her out.

Now, she had been given the chance to apply for something called "PRRA", but she is still on a removal order.

She submitted the application on the 15 days time frame and 15 days later some written submissions. she is still waiting for some evidence. she expects to get it within a day or tw and then submitt it.

So my question is: Will she be allow to stay in Canada until the a decision is made on the Sponsorship application?

Is there anything i can do so she can stay living with me (in Canada) until the sponsorship is finalized?

Would you be able to help us? If so let us know, to make an appoinment with you.

[06-12-2010,21:25]
[**.158.98.218]
ADAN
(in reply to: Question for Roy (sponsorship before PRRA))
Adan

There is nothing you can do other than hope that the PRRA will give you enough time to finish your sponsorship process.

The good are: if she has to go, you can withdraw the inland application and submitt another one outland.

If you guys had submitted the sponsorship before and warrant for her arrest was issue, then CBSA would have waited for a decsion in your sponsorship.

Don´t waste your money with lawyers.

Trust me. There is nothing else to do

[06-12-2010,23:22]
[**.158.98.218]
ticabonita
(in reply to: Question for Roy (sponsorship before PRRA))
Adan

Many Refugee claims get abandoned due to silly little mistakes like forgeting to change ones address then Counsel moves as well.

Three weeks ago I attended Mississauga GTEC with one of my clients of seven years who was going to be sent to a PRRA. We had a H&C in process and the Officer was aware of that and informed my clients they would be joining the PRRA and the H&C but my clients were not removal ready because CBSA had no travel documents which is required for Chinese Nationals.

Etobicoke CIC sent a letter stating they were joining the files to the clients address and cc´d me to an address I had seven years ago even though I had submitted update after update had newspaper articles etc.

CBSA found you by submitting an In Canada spousal application and telling the truth were your wife resides. Unless she had previously been called to a PRRA your Okay. If she failed to come in for telephone reporting your okay. Either way you can withdraw your In Canada application and submit abroad with an application for an ARC.

There is always something that can be done but your posting leaves much to anyones interpretation!

When was she arrested and detained? Does she have a valid or expired travel document? Does her country allow removal on an expired travel document? Did you have to submit a travel document to effecct release. Why was she not released at her first detention review? etc? etc.?

MOST IMPORTANT WHAT CAUSED THE WARRANT TO BE ISSUED?????

Not to scare you yesterday I was doing a full spousal appeal where the applicant had been deported and was interviewed three times. First to spousal sponsorships abraod he passed with flying colour and the third he was refused R4 and the ARC.

ticabonita comment about not wasting your money on Lawyers (and Consultants I assume) and trrusting her/him is so rediculous. Probably if your wife had QUALITY REPRESENTATION you two would not be in the mess your currently in.


Home and Garden TV has a show about people who start home renovations and make a mess of it and they have a guy who comes in and corrects everything and everyone lives happily ever after.

Retaining a Counsel who will deal with you on a QUALITY basis is the issue as I see it. No one can give you QUALITY ADVICE from your limited information in this posting. NOT EVEN TICABONITA

WOULD I BE ABLE TO HELP????????????

I have always said, get references, do your research, have any counsel prove to you that they have experience in your particular area of concern, THEN DECIDE!

If you really wanted to know if I or anyone can assist the place to ask is in these counsels offices.

Remember always make sure that they have the time and experience to assist with your PERSONAL Immigration problems.

Roy
cvimmigration.com

[07-12-2010,07:42]
[**.24.69.125]
Roy
(in reply to: Question for Roy (sponsorship before PRRA))
Thanks Roy for taking the time to answer my post.

She had a warrant for her arrest because she did´nt attend to her Immigration Hearing. She did´mnt received the letter because by that time she was already living with me and she forgot to do so.

She was detained for 10 days. In her first detention review she told the judge of my intention of bailing her out. The judge said the guarantor had to be interview first and there was to time for that anymore, so we wait for her second detention review.

At her second detention review, the judge determined a bail of $3,000 and $10,000 and in Bonds.

I did the paperwork the very first day, but I was told some more documents were needeed, long story short, she was release three days after her second detention review.

She was leaving she received a letter saying she had to go to 6900 airport road for an interview with a CBSA officer, 2B two days after her release. We went, and at the interview she was given the PRRA, whic she submitted on nov 05 and then she sent the written submissions with some evidence and she is planning to submit more evidence today or tomorrw (we are waiting for the translator and some evidence to come in the mail).

About her passport. She had a valid passport when she got arrested, but the CBSA officers seized her passport, birth certificate and dirver license.

So, your advice will be concetrate in the sponsorhip application and not worry at this moment about the PRRA, since e submit the sponsorship before she got the PRRA?

If so, we woul like to have an appoinment with you so you can take a look in our sponsorship application and advise us how to make our case better and prove our common law relationship is genuine.

Thanks again, and i will be waiting for your answer.

Adan

[07-12-2010,09:50]
[**.158.98.218]
Adan
(in reply to: Question for Roy (sponsorship before PRRA))
Thanks Roy for taking the time to answer my post.

She had a warrant for her arrest because she didn´t attend to her Immigration Hearing. She didn´t received the letter because by that time she was already living with me and she forgot to do so.

She was detained for 10 days. In her first detention review she told the judge of my intention of bailing her out. The judge said the guarantor had to be interview first and there was no time for that anymore, so we wait for her second detention review.

At her second detention review, the judge determined a bail of $3,000 and $10,000 and in Bonds.

I did the paperwork the very first day, but I was told some more documents were needeed, long story short, she was release three days after her second detention review.

When she was leaving she received a letter saying she had to go to 6900 airport road for an interview with a CBSA officer, 2B two days after her release. We went, and at the interview she was given the PRRA, which she submitted on nov 05 and then she sent the written submissions with some evidence and she is planning to submit more evidence today or tomorrw (we are waiting for the translator and some evidence to come in the mail).

About her passport. She had a valid passport when she got arrested, but the CBSA officers seized her passport, birth certificate and driver license.

So, your advice will be concetrate in the sponsorhip application and not worry at this moment about the PRRA, since we submit the sponsorship before she got the PRRA?

If so, we would like to have an appoinment with you so you can take a look in our sponsorship application and advise us how to make our case better and prove our common law relationship is genuine.

Thanks again, and I will be waiting for your answer.

Adan

[07-12-2010,09:56]
[**.158.98.218]
Adan
(in reply to: Question for Roy (sponsorship before PRRA))
"So, your advice will be concetrate in the sponsorhip application and not worry at this moment about the PRRA, since e submit the sponsorship before she got the PRRA?" UnQuote


No, it is NOT what he said.

An inland application is probably the worse idea at this time.

I honestly think, that your wife should leave Canada and do an outland application along with an ARC. It is going to be faster and probably safer for her.

What you are planning to do, it is going to take A LONG TIME, the inland is not going to end up well and she may end up deported and you are going to end up doing an outland application with an ARC anyways.

You already said that she has a valid travel document. She has less than 1% chances of success which translates in 99% chance of failure.






[07-12-2010,11:22]
[***.115.153.178]
DocD
(in reply to: Question for Roy (sponsorship before PRRA))
DocD

Roy said "Unless she had previously been called to a PRRA your Okay."

We did submit the Sponsorship application before (on april 2009) She got the PRRA on Oct 31 2010. That´s why I thought we sholud work on the Sponsorship application.

I don´t want to send her to Mexico. Specially with all the recent news I have heard about that country. Besides I don´t want to be separate for a long time.

It doesn´t matter for us if it takes long time the Inland Process because we are a genuine couple, as long she can wait here for the decision in Canada. I´m confindent will be positive. We have been together since 2007, and we might seek for professional help to prove it.

I have followed Roy´s post for a while and I´m convince he knows what he is talking about.


On that note, I´m not saying you don´t know, I just thought you didn´t read about the fact we submitted our Inland Process before the PRRA.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

[07-12-2010,12:46]
[**.158.98.218]
Adan
(in reply to: Question for Roy (sponsorship before PRRA))
DocD

Why you mean by "safer for her".


[07-12-2010,12:47]
[**.158.98.218]
Adan
(in reply to: Question for Roy (sponsorship before PRRA))
You do realize that you cannot appeal the officer´s decision in an inland application right?
The decision is final, no ifs of buts.

If you apply outland and something comes up, you can always appeal the officer´s decision.

You see it as a genuine marriage, which I don´t question. However, have you thought that CIC might just might look at her application as her last resource to stay in Canada?

That is when things go south, a turist that falls in love with a citizen, it´s a story I can easily believe, yet you still have to prove it as hell.

A person that has a foot already in a plane on the way back to Mexico and then applies as a spouse inland before the PRRA??

She is/will be under the microscope on this one. I really don´t care what your story is, but there is a lot against her in this application and I hope you understand what you are getting into.

Your best bet, would have been an outland application. Read the OP manuals.

Actually, ask Roy or anyone around here if an inland is the way to go in your situation.

I am could be sooooo wrong....but not today.

[07-12-2010,13:16]
[***.115.153.178]
DocD
(in reply to: Question for Roy (sponsorship before PRRA))
OOOOH

I didn´t know that was the case. Thanks DocD. This definitely changes the whole picture.

We will have a talk about this issue tonight. I will explain this you just told me.

I don´t know about sending her back to Mexico, but I didn´t have a clue how difficult would be to prove our relationship is genuine.

Do you know how long an outland application takes?
and what are the odds? are they better thand the inland in our particular case?

Sorry to bother you with so many questions. I´m just so worry and overwhelmed by the whole situation.

I really appreciate your advice. Are you a consultant by a chance? Is anyway to contact you other than this forum?

[07-12-2010,14:51]
[**.158.98.218]
Adan