From married to single

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)            
Subject: From married to single
  Hi everyone,

I was married to a Canadian citizen for 5 years. Things have changed and he filed for divorce. I now have my divorce latter, my question is how do I have to let Canadian immigration know that my material status has changed? I´m still a permanent resident and soon will be applying for my Canadian citizenship. Any feedback is very much appreciated!!

Angela Kurr
(in reply to: From married to single)
You do not need to inform CIC of any change in your marital status just like yoou do not need to inform CIC that you have obtained a drivers license or a speeding ticket.


(in reply to: From married to single)
You just have to send a copy or photocopy of your divorce paper to cic/and or tax bureau to update your marital status. You have to let them know any information changed about you.
Reply to the From married to single posting
Submission Code (SX27440) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design -