Port of entry to US at Canadian Airport

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: Port of entry to US at Canadian Airport
  Dear experts,

I have a questions please,

I am with Canadian PR and I recently got US immigrant Visa, and I will go to US by plane, when will they do my "landing immigration procedure" as we know US Border Agency are within Canadian Airports, do they do in Canada or I will have to enter US and go to US-CIC when I arrive in US


(in reply to: Port of entry to US at Canadian Airport)
Ok, there is no US Border Agency or US-CIC.
That is handle by CBP (Customs and Border Protection) and that is managed by the US Department of Homeland Security.

When you fly into the US from most Canadian Airports, you will clear US Customs and Immigration at the Canadian airport. That little piece of land within the airport is considered US Soil and the US boarding area is a US pre-clearance area. At that point Customs and Immigration have been cleared.

So any visas, permits or authorizations, will be deal with at the airport by the CBP officer. If you have any questions in regards to the procedure, you should contact the US Embassy in your region.

Reply to the Port of entry to US at Canadian Airport posting
Submission Code (SX17605) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design - Abacus.ca