1 year or less?

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: 1 year or less?
  Hi all,

My post-graduate work permit begins on Aug 18, 2004 and will end Aug 18, 2005. So if i leave my job on July 31, 2005. Will that count as 1 year work experience or less than 1 year for Skilled Worker Immigration?

I also worked 4 months part-time at University, about 10 hours per week. Will that count too? If yes, for how long?

As my current permit ends on Aug 18, 2005, I wonder if i can extend my stay in Canada as visitor for another 1 or 2 months? Because i want to spend some time travel within Canada with my friends. If i can, where/how can i apply for it?


(in reply to: 1 year or less?)
Well, what you need is to call immigration and ask them for the application for extension of stay. I have always applied for my extension 6 months at a time, doesn´t cost anymore money either. Just $75 for extension. You can call them on the following number: 18882422100 or get it from the website and print the forms you need:


Make sure you download the CHECKLIST and Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay, or Remain in Canada [IMM 1249] at least.

I would call them if you need more information a

i need information (in reply to: 1 year or less?)
sir my full name is gul asad . my wife is candian by birth. she came to pakistan to visit me we got married she stayed with me for 8 months. now she is in canada and wants me to come there . can u help me what shold i do or what she do incase to get immigration.

Gul asad



gul asad
Reply to the 1 year or less? posting
Submission Code (SX3988) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canadian Immigration Forum at Canada City Web Site Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Design - Abacus.ca