Buyin US car in Canada

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)            
Subject: Buyin US car in Canada
Can we buy US titled car in Canada from someone visiting from U.S.? What procedure we need to change the title.?
(in reply to: Buyin US car in Canada)
You can buy but the registrar of imported vehicles will force you to pay excise duty (you will have to drive to the border to do that, I think) and take the vehicle through FEDERAL and PROVICIAL inspection to get it to compliance with Canadian standards... then you are ready to get Canadian plates and use it!
In Canada
(in reply to: Buyin US car in Canada)
If the title is American, I am sure you have to get the title changed with the state DMV. You can´t import a car in which you do not hold the title.

You can not owe money on the car either... you must own it 100%, but I am sure it won´t matter since you are buying it used.

I would suggest you just buy a car off a Canadian. Even if you are getting a deal, the hassles, plus import fees will soon make you wish you hadn´t bothered importing.


Reply to the Buyin US car in Canada posting
Submission Code (SX17594) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canadian Immigration Forum at Canada City Web Site Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Design -