Unpaid work permit

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: Unpaid work permit
I am a student in Canada. I have completed my degree. I am trying to get a job in Canada.

I am being offered a student internship in a company in Canada, it is an unpaid internship. Could anybody tell me how to get an unpaid work visa?

(in reply to: Unpaid work permit)
Hi Mountains: Even if unpaid I beleive you will have to apply to change the conditions of your stay in Canada (Checking off work permit in your application form). This will be a post-grad work permit and valid for 1-2 years depending on where you currently reside. You wont need HRSDC confirmation since it´s a post-grad work permit. You can apply to Vegreville and you´ll get it in 1-2 months. Again, Im not 100% sure about this but you can call the call centre to confirm this. Best of luck and congrats on your job offer.
(in reply to: Unpaid work permit)
Thanks Candice

Reply to the Unpaid work permit posting
Submission Code (SX18790) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design - Abacus.ca