Student Visa/Coomon Law Spouse

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)            
Subject: Student Visa/Coomon Law Spouse

I will be moving to BC in December on a student visa and wish to bring my common law spouse. However, he is in the US on asylum from another country. We have been unable to establish criteria for a spousal relationship in the US due to the asylum process. Would I be able to enter Canada on the student visa and then sponsor him to Canada as a spouse where he could then apply for asylum? Or will he have a better chance of entering Canada if he applies for asylum without me listing him as a spouse?

Thanks for any info!

(in reply to: Student Visa/Coomon Law Spouse)
you can only sponsor a spouse to canada if you are a Citizen or Permanent resident of Canada. Otherwise your spouse will have to met the work visa requirements or get a student visa like you.
Reply to the Student Visa/Coomon Law Spouse posting
Submission Code (SX16627) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design -