Leaving the country and returning for PR

Canada Immigration Forum (discussion group)

Subject: Leaving the country and returning for PR
  I am currently in Canada with my wife (who is a Canadian citizen and my sponsor) and I have received my confirmation of Permanent Residence paperwork with an IM-1 Visa in my passport.

Is there any way to have the paperwork processed without physically leaving the country and returning?

Thanks in advance.

(in reply to: Leaving the country and returning for PR)
You will have to leave Canada and return to complete the landing process. Most of the people in your situation just drive down to the nearest US border, cross over to US and immediately return to Canada.

If you dont have a visa to enter US you can tell the US immigration official that you are immigrating to Canada and they will refuse you entry to US and you can return to Canada.

Reply to the Leaving the country and returning for PR posting
Submission Code (SX7599) Copy The Code From The Left found in the brackets
Reply Subject
Reply Message

Canada Immigration Forum at Canadian Cities Website. Imigrants helping imigrants! Follow Oliver Lepki on Google+!
Web Site Design - Abacus.ca